However, there are plenty of valid reasons for Android enthusiasts to download ADB and Fastboot. Unlocking the bootloader or flashing factory images are some of the more common uses, for instance. Jan 29, 2021 Download ADB, Fastboot – Android SDK Platform Tools: When downloading you should make sure that you download the latest version of these.Android is changing itself by means of new versions and updates. So an older version of the ADB and Fastboot tools won't be of any use to you. If you use the official. SE Bootloader Unlocker. 3.9 on 46 votes. SE Bootloader Unlocker is a tool that will automatically get the unlock code for your Android phone before you flash the custom kernel to. Moreover, the bootloader also aids in executing debug and customizations on Android devices. Therefore, you need to get the bootloader unlock apk downloaded if you are planning to install custom ROM over your device. Part 2: Top 7 Bootloader Unlock Apks Download 1. Universal bootloader unlocker apk. Unlocking the bootloader. To flash the new Android version, you first have to open the bootloader and activate it via the developer options and the USB debug mode: How to install ADB and Fastboot; 3. Downloading from the Factory Images. Now all you have to do is download the Android 10 factory images, which vary from device to device.
- Android Bootloader Download For Pc
- Samsung Bootloader Unlock Tool
- Android Bootloader Download For Pc Windows
Android is especially known for the availability of tweaks you can make. However, to do that without any confinements, you will need some tools like ADB Fastboot and required drivers. If you are trying to find and install them on your Windows PC, this post will help you to the fullest.
Here, I will guide you on How to download and install ADB, Fastboot, and Drivers on your Windows PC (7,8, 10) to flash custom ROMs or recoveries, unlock the bootloader, and do anything you’d like to do. The possibilities are limitless.
- 1 What is ADB Fastboot Tool?
- 2 ADB & Fastboot Download and Installation Guide
- 3 How to use ADB & Fastboot on Windows?
What is ADB Fastboot Tool?
ADB is the abbreviation for Android Debug Bridge. It is a tool that builds an active connection between the device and a computer. This connection or bridge is used to carry out any required alteration, both at the device or the computer levels. Some common examples of tasks that you can perform include removing bloatware, unlocking bootloader, and many others.
Note: You will have to enable the USB Debugging on your device to use ADB. This unlocks the path between the Android device and PC to exchange commands and carry out tasks.
On the other hand, Fastboot is a more loaded set of capabilities that don’t need a booted device to the Android operating system. It has its own set of Fastboot or Bootloader menu. So, you don’t even have to enable USB Debugging to execute its commands. These commands can be used to perform operations like booting the device to stock or custom recovery, booting to Fastboot, and other similar things.
Features of ADB & Fastboot
There are limitless functionalities of ADB and Fastboot tools. ADB commands can be used to boot an Android device to different modes, like Fastboot Bootloader, downloader, and stock recovery. Also, you can install and uninstall any applications on your device directly from the computer. While Fastboot commands are able to perform system-level customizations even on locked devices.
Let’s take a look at the key features of ADB and Fastboot that make them worth using:
- Able to run on Windows and Mac computers.
- Support any Android device.
- Able to install custom ROMs.
- Able to Flash custom Recovery.
- You can also install Root.
- You can unlock or re-lock the device bootloader.
- Able to remove bloatware from your Android device.
- Supports transferring files between the device and system.
- Easy to use.
These are the key features that make ADB and Fastboot a must-have for people looking for tweaking their Android devices.
ADB & Fastboot Download and Installation Guide
A lot of users struggle to find the right ADB and Fastboot files and end up installing them incorrectly. To help you avoid this situation, I’m presenting this simple guide to download and install ADB and Fastboot on your Windows computer.
Before moving further, you have to enable USB Debugging on your Android device. To do that, go to Settings-> System-> Developer Options-> Enable USB Debugging. The instructions may vary depending on different Android devices. You can Google the steps for your model.
Note: You will have to enable Developer Options by going to Settings->About Phone, and tapping on ‘Build Number’ frequently.
This download provides the Realtek. High Definition Audio Driver for the 3.5mm audio jack on Intel® NUC Kit. This audio driver is required if you plan to connect a microphone or headset to the audio jack. If connecting to a TV or monitor using an HDMI or DisplayPort cable, the audio is provided through the graphics driver available. Primarily for Intel® Chipset Products, this utility version 10.1. Installs the Windows. INF files. See detailed description to find out if you need this file. Driver: Windows 10, 32-bit. Windows 10, 64-bit. Windows Server 2019. 2 more: 10.1. Latest: 6/30/2021. Here you can download driver intel 82801ib ich9 high definition audio controller for windows. Array microphones, uploaded from our driver for the sound. Here you can download idt 92hd71b7x @ intel 82801ib ich9 for windows. Download intel 82801ib ir ih name and the windows. And am dubbing about this doesnt work either. Package Size 31mm x 31mm. Ordering and Compliance. Retired and discontinued. Intel® 82801IB I/O Controller Hub (ICH9) MM# 890310. Intel 82801ib ich9 audio driver download. INTEL 82801IB ICH9 HD AUDIO CONTROLLER DRIVER - Once reported, our staff will be notified and the comment will be reviewed. The Open Virtual Machine Firmware is a project to enable UEFI support for virtual g with Linux 3.9 and recent versions of QEMU, it is now possible to passthrough a graphics card, offering the VM native graphics performance.
Download 15-Seconds ADB Installer, Minimal ADB and Fastboot
Here are the working download links for the 15-seconds ADB Installer, Minimal ADB, and Fastboot. You can use these to download them on your Windows computer.
Download the 15 Seconds ADB Installerfrom here.
Note: The 15 seconds ADB Installer is not recommended for newer devices as it hasn’t received a version update for a long time.
Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool from here-
- The latest version (1.4.3)– Download link/Portable version.
- v1.4.2-Download link.
- v1.4.1-Download link/Portable version.
- v1.4-Download link.
- v1.3.1-Download link.
- v1.3-Download link.
- v1.2-Download link.
- v1.1.3-Download link.
You can download any version depending on the device. However, using the latest version is always recommended.
Install 15-Seconds ADB Installer
The 15-seconds ADB Installer not only installs ADB but also installs Fastboot and USB drivers in only 15 seconds. Follow these steps in order to install the 15-seconds ABD Installer on your Windows computer:
Step-1:Download the 15-seconds ADB Installer setup file from the above-mentioned link (if you haven’t downloaded it already). Once downloaded, run the adb-setup.exe file.
Step-2: Now respond with Yes (Y) or No (N). Type Y to install the ADB and Fastboot driver.
Step-3: Next, type Y once again to install the device drivers.
Step-4: Once the device drivers are also installed, click on ‘Finish’ to close the installation window.
That’s it. This is how you install the 15-seconds ADB installer.
Install Minimal ADB & Fastboot Tool
Minimal ADB and Fastboot is the perfect tool for any type of Android tweaks. Follow these steps in order to install them:
Step-1:Download the latest version of ADB and Fastboot Tool installer package from the above-mentioned link. Once downloaded, extract the package to a suitable location.
Step-2: Now start the installation by double-clicking on the setup files.
Step-3: When a new window pops up, click on Yes to grant the essential permissions.
Step-4: Now, click on the Next button multiple times to confirm your selections.
Step-5: Choose a destination location for the installation by clicking on ‘Browse’ and then click on Next.
Step-6: Once ready, click on ‘Install’ and wait for the installation.
Step-7: Once the installation is over, click on ‘Finish’ to complete the procedure.
That’s it. You have now successfully launched the ADB and Fastboot tool on your Windows PC. It will automatically launch itself if you selected the option to ‘launch after installation’ while installing it.
How to use ADB & Fastboot on Windows?
Now that you have installed ADB and Fastboot, you can use them for any purpose you wish. You can boot your device to custom or stock recovery, boot to fast boot or bootloader mode, and even flash different types of IMG or ZIP files. The choice is yours.
However, before using them, you will have to learn how to use ADB or Fastboot. For that, you can find various guides on YouTube or Google related to the purpose you want. I will provide general instructions about both tools here.
Steps to Use ADB
Follow these steps in order to use ADB:
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android device.
- Plug it into your computer using a good cable.
- On your PC, open the Command Prompt by pressing Win+X keys, and then choosing it.
- Now type adb devices in it and hit Enter.
- A dialog box will appear asking you to allow USB debugging.
- Check the ‘Always allow’ box and then click on OK.
That’s it. You can now do whatever you wish.
Adobe InDesign 2020 Free Download Full Version WindowsFree Download Adobe InDesign 2020 Full Version 64 Bit – Creating flyers, brochures, magazines, newspapers, and books is pretty easy with this software. Anything can be done with its powerful features and tools inside the Adobe InDesign. Indesign cs6 me free download full version.
Android Bootloader Download For Pc
Commands for ADB Fastboot
If your device supports it, you can use Fastboot by simply rebooting to Fastboot mode. In the Fastboot mode, type fastboot devices to verify that your device is detected. After that, you can use any of the following commands:
These are some of the popular adb commands. If you are looking for any specific command, let me know and I’ll provide it.
ADB and Fastboot are invaluable tools to tweak any Android device without much hassle. There are limitless things you can do using them. This is how you can download, install, and use them on your Windows computers. You can also use these on Mac or Linux based systems. However, that will be a topic for another post. You can use the comment box to let us know if you need it or not.
That’s all for this post. I hope it helps you enough.
There are a number of online firmware repositories from where you can download the Samsung Galaxy firmware for free. Tools like Frija and SamFirm are even better solutions for those who want to download BL, AP, CP, CSC, and HOME CSC or Samsung firmware binaries for their Galaxy device to flash using Odin. Below, we will discuss the best websites and tools to download the official Samsung firmware update files.
There was a time when Samsung firmware used to have just one file. But now, Samsung split the firmware into 5 binaries out of which we have flash 4 files:
Since there is no way to download the BL, AP, CP, CSC or Home CSC files separately, you must download the full Samsung firmware to get all four binaries, namely BL, AP, CP, and CSC. You’ll get these files only after you extract the firmware.zip file. Once you have the files for Odin or firmware binaries, you can easily flash them using the official Odin tool.
What are BL, AP, CP, CSC & Home CSC?
An Android smartphone relies on components like bootloader, data, vendor, key storage, EFS, user data, system, modem, kernel, and recovery. All Android firmware contain these elements as .img inside them. Samsung firmware files keep them packed with specific encryption that can be decrypted by official flash tools like Odin before installation. Binaries like BL, AP, CP, and CSC pack together all core elements and partitions. BL, AP, CP, and CSC and abbreviated forms and below, I’ll try to explain what they are.
- BL: It’s the short form of Bootloader. The BL binary with .tar.md5 extension flashes the bootloader on your Samsung smartphone or Galaxy Tab.
- AP: If you look at the file size of the AP binary, you’ll notice that it’s the biggest of all 4 files you flash using Odin. On the older versions of Odin, this option was called PDA. The full file of AP is ‘Android Processor‘ and it is responsible for flashing the system partition on your Samsung device.
- CP: Previously known as PDA, CP stands for ‘Core Processor‘. This binary contains the modem.img and when you install this with Odin, it pushes the Modem on your device.
- CSC: The full-form of CSC is ‘Consumer Software Customization‘ or ‘Country Specific (Product) Code‘. The CSC component of a Samsung firmware is specific to network providers and geographical region. In other words, it contains customizations related to a geographical location, APN settings, carrier branding, and other things. If you want a clean installation on your phone, you should flash CSC. Flashing the CSC (only) binary will wipe all the apps, data, settings, and files and your device will be reset to the factory status. The CSC binary contains the Samsung PIT file.
- HOME CSC: This binary is the same as CSC. This difference is it does not wipe your Samsung Galaxy device during the firmware update.
Why Download Samsung Firmware?
In normal situations, you might need to download Samsung firmware for your smartphone or tablet. Samsung keeps pushing software updates at times to keep your phone secure and add new features and improve its performance. My elder brother has been using Samsung phones for years and has never felt the need to flash the firmware on his phone manually. Even whenever he encounters any issue, he simply performs a factory reset to fix it.
However, there might be certain situations when downloading the BL, AP, CP, and CSC and Home CSC binaries or the full firmware might be the only solution.
- Downgrade software: If you think that a software update has snatched away some feature or app compatibility which was indispensable to you, you can downgrade to an older version of firmware manually.
- Fix Boot loop: Sometimes, your Samsung device might refuse to boot up properly after a software update. Most of us love trying new apps. Sometimes, a bad app may send your phone to a state of boot loop and, as a result, your device is stuck on the Samsung logo. Flashing a firmware using Odin can help you with recovering your phone.
- Change CSC: If you’ve purchased your country from the same country you live in, you may never need to change the CSC on your Samsung device. However, if you purchased a pre-owned Samsung phone or bought it abroad, you might not find your native language on it. In that case, flashing the firmware with the CSC of your country/region will install your native language.
- Manual Software Update: If you use your Samsung device in a different country, you may not receive software updates via OTA. You can download the latest Samsung firmware and install it manually using the Odin flash tool to upgrade the software version.
Where can You Download Samsung Firmware?
There are so many websites and file hosting services from where you can download the firmware for your Samsung device. Below we’ll check some of the hot spots that make Samsung firmware download available.
1. Frija – Download BL, AP, CP, CSC, & HOME CSC
If you want to download Samsung firmware for free and without any speed cap, Frija is the best tool. It’s a very simple tool with a clean and user-friendly UI. Frija supports auto and manual modes. In the Auto mode, you just need to provide the model number and CSC of your Samsung device.
The Auto mode checks for the latest firmware update for your Samsung phone or Galaxy Tab. On the other hand, with the Manual mode, you can download the Samsung firmware of your choice. You will have to provide some more details like the Model number and CSC of your phone as well as versions of PDA (AP), Phone (CP) and CSC. If the provided details are correct, Frija will download the BL, AP, CP, CSC, and HOME CSC binaries packed in a ZIP file. You can download the latest version of this tool from my full-fledged article describing the steps to use the Frija Samsung firmware download tool.
2. SamFirm Firmware Downloader
SamFirm is the short form of Samsung firmware. It used to be the only tool until Frija surfaced. Despite the fact that the developer of the tool has discontinued the development, SamFirm still works. This firmware downloader tool is not so user-friendly as Frija but it’s the only available alternative to the latter.
You can download the Samsung firmware for your Galaxy phone or Tab with SamFirm in just five steps as shown in the screenshot below.
Samsung Bootloader Unlock Tool
- Download SamFirm and extract the downloaded zip. You can also download it from Google Drive.
- Open the extracted folder and double-click SamFirm.exe to launch it.
- In the box in front of Model, fill in your Samsung device’s model number. You can find the model number by going to Settings > About phone.
- In the Region field, you need to fill in the CSC of your device. Read my tutorial to find out your Samsung phone’s CSC.
- Now click the Check Update button.
- SamFirm will fetch the details of the latest firmware available for your device and show its file name, AP, CSC, and CP versions of the software update, and it’s size.
- Finally, click the Download button. You’ll be asked to save the firmware zip file. When the firmware file is downloaded, unzip it to get the BL, AP, CP, CSC, and HOME CSC files for your Samsung device model.
3. Samloader (Mac, Windows, & Linux)
Samloader is a great Frija and Samfirm alternative as it’s a versatile tool that will help you download Samsung firmware on macOS, Linux, Windows, and even on an Android device using a terminal emulator app like Termux. Samloader is a Python-based script that can check for the latest firmware for your Galaxy device via the Terminal or Command Prompt and download it. Head over to my detailed Samloader tutorial to learn how you can use this tool on Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Android Bootloader Download For Pc Windows
Sammobile has been one of the oldest and most trusted sources from where you can download the latest Samsung firmware for all Samsung Galaxy devices. The website provides free firmware download to its member, but the speed is very slow. If you want to enjoy a fast or high-speed Samsung firmware download, you’ll have to get a monthly plan ranging from €6.50-€250. I don’t think it’s a wise decision to use Sammobile when we already have great options like Frija and SamFirm.
Updato is a Sammobile alternative that allows Samsung firmware download from their repository. The website has a good UI but its pages are super packed with ad banners. It doesn’t offer fast firmware download for free. The slow plan is so slow that you might need to make several attempts before you can actually download the firmware file.
Samsung Firmware (.org) is just another website like the ones mentioned above. They offer two plans with slow speed and unmetered speed. In the slow-speed plan, you can download the firmware for free. However, considering the size of Samsung firmware files, it might take forever to download the full firmware. Just imagine a 5GB firmware download with a speed limit of 15KB per second! If you think you are a person of immense patience, you must try it to pass a litmus test.
SamFrew is another option for those who don’t want to use a Samsung firmware download tool. It’s cheaper than Sammobile and Updato. Just like others, it also offers slow Samsung firmware download for free. To get the firmware from 100 Mbps/100o Mbps mirrors, you are supposed to pay a one-time fee of $8.99/$22.99. My downloading experience with SamFrew was better than all other websites listed above.
Don’t Miss: 30 Best Dark Themes for Samsung (Free & Paid)
Install BL, AP, CP, and CSC Files with Odin
When you are done with downloading the firmware for your Samsung Galaxy device, you can install it easily and safely by following the quick steps described below:
- If you are going to use Samsung Odin for the first time, here are a few things you must be familiar with. Odin is a portable tool, which means you needn’t install it on your PC. When you have downloaded Odin.zip file, just extract it using a Zip extractor tool like 7Zip, WinZip, etc. Navigate to the Odin folder and perform a right-click on Odin3.exe with your mouse and select ‘Run as administrator’.
- Make sure you have already downloaded the correct firmware zip and extracted it on your Windows desktop
- Download and install the Samsung USB driver on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Now turn off your Samsung device and boot it into the Download or Odin Mode. To do so, you’ll have to press and hold a specific hardware key-combination at the same time for 2-3 seconds and then press the Volume Up key when you see the Warning screen.
- Devices with Home button: Volume Down + Home + Power buttons.
- Devices with Bixby button: Volume Down + Bixby + Power buttons.
- Galaxy devices with no Bixby button: Volume Up + Volume Down + Power keys.
- All devices: You can also use the ‘adb reboot bootloader‘ command to enter the download mode.
- Connect your device to the computer. Make sure to use the original Samsung USB cable that came with your phone or Tab to avoid any issues. When Odin detects your device, the ID COM port will highlight with light blue color.
- Open the firmware folder that contains the 5 binaries with .tar.md5 extension. In case you got an old Samsung Galaxy phone or Tab, and the firmware you downloaded has just a single .tar.md5 file, you are supposed to add the firmware to the AP slot in Odin. The rest of the steps are the same as described below.
- Click the BL button in Odin, navigate to the firmware folder, and add the file that has “BL_” in its name.
- Then click the AP button and select the firmware binary with “AP_” in its name The AP file will take a while to load in Odin because of its heavy size. Don’t panic if the Odin window freezes for some time after selecting the AP file.
- Similarly, add the CP, and CSC (plain CSC if you want a clean installation and HOME_CSC if you don’t want to wipe your device data) files to the corresponding fields in Odin.
- Finally, click the Start button to initiate the installation.
- Due to their big size, firmware files might take 3-5 minutes to install. So, you need to be patient and calm.
- Lastly, you’ll get PASS!! message in Odin. It indicates that Odin has flashed the firmware file successfully.
- When the firmware is installed, your Samsung device will reboot automatically.
You have successfully installed Samsung firmware binaries (BL, AP, CP, and CSC) on your Samsung Galaxy Device.
Of all 4 Samsung firmware download tools and sources listed above, I highly recommend Frija because it’s the best. Why should we pay for downloading something from a 3rd-party website when we can download it directly from Samsung FUS (Firmware Update Server)?
Read Next: 8 Best Wallpaper Apps for Android in 2020